Are you moving, currently receiving benefits or enrolled in Medicare and want to know how to change your address? You can change and update your information anytime, anywhere by logging in to or creating a free my Social Security account.
How to change your address?
If you get Social Security benefits (retirement, survivors, or disability), you can update your contact information in a safe, quick, and convenient way by following these five steps:
- Log in to my Social Security.
- Select the My Profile link on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Update Contact Information button and enter your address information.
- Select when would you like to schedule the update, then select Next.
- Review and verify your information, select Submit .
This service is not currently available to people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or do not have a U.S. mailing address. However, if you are receiving SSI, you can easily check your address we have on record via the My Profile Tab on mySocial Security.
Sign in to your my Social Security account and update your information
Already have a my Social SecurityAccount?
Sign In to your account below and go to “My Profile” tab to change and update your contact information. Sign In to your Account
Don’t have a my Social Security Account?
Creating a free my Social Security account takes less than 10 minutes, lets you change and update your information and gives you access to many other online services.